Ask the Guru was a great success on Tuesday 29th May. The attendees put the gurus through their paces and the outcome was a lively discussion and some great advice for everyone. Here are a few of the highlights from the evening:
- The benefit of a ‘social’ work place is that you can see the grapevine, feed it information and interact with it.
- Social media is a real opportunity to build trust in the organisation, harness it and allow it to grow.
- Social media is the evolution of internal communications, taking internal communications to the next level with real interaction and engagement. It’s not the death of internal communications.
- We all need to understand the times we live and work in. Dishing out mars bars and token rewards doesn’t work in downtimes, you need to work with employees and fully engage them to work through the tough times together.
- Create leaders not just managers – people who can innovate, inspire and engage with employees and communicate. Give managers the skills to be leaders and enhance their natural abilities.
- Take leaders back to the floor with inverted mentoring to give them a better understanding the shop floor. Let them see for themselves what the challenges are and what opportunities for change there may be, and let employees see the leaders involved and listening.
- Leaders are the latest hot topic and replace the intranet as a key subject. We need to harness leadership skills and help leaders develop, communicate and engage.
Anything we missed? Add your comments and feedback here.